Pricey Shriners: Circuses Are for Clowns, Not Animals
For over 100 years, a number of Shrine circuses have made a spectacle out of exploiting delicate and clever animals, together with elephants, tigers, and bears who have been taken from their moms as infants to be subjected to a lifetime of struggling. But Shriners Worldwide hasn’t ended these merciless occasions, which some Shrine temples proceed to host.
Animals compelled to carry out in Shrine circuses reside underneath the fixed menace of being hit with bullhooks—sharp steel-tipped implements that resemble a fire poker—whips, and different weapons. Damning video footage of violence at these circuses and abuse throughout “coaching” abounds, together with of an exhibitor directing trainers to sink and twist bullhooks into elephants’ pores and skin to “make them scream.”
Some well-intentioned folks might imagine that attending a Shrine circus advantages youngsters. However the fact is that ticket gross sales aren’t charitable donations: The income are typically used to take care of the membership’s premises and fund its actions. Youngsters naturally love animals, and in the event that they knew in regards to the cruelty behind the scenes of animal circuses, they might by no means wish to attend.
Instances have modified. Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus introduced its return to the circus ring utilizing solely prepared human members. The Western Montana Shrine Circus and the AAD Shriners dropped wild-animal acts, Shrine circuses in Canada haven’t used wild animals in years, and the Bahia, Jerusalem, and Melha shrines discontinued their annual animal circuses.
Take the steps beneath to inform Shriners that it’s excessive time they stopped utilizing animal acts of their fundraisers.
1. Ship an e-mail to Shriners Worldwide Imperial Potentate Kenneth G. Craven and the management of Shrine golf equipment:
E-Mail Gregory Brooks of Sharon Shrine
E-Mail Richard Hubbard of Hadi Shrine
E-Mail Jeff Ferguson of Yaarab Shrine
E-Mail Mitch Weinsting of Moolah Shrine
2. Name Craven at 843-296-5500 and politely ask him to go a bylaw banning the usage of animals at Shriner occasions. In case you attain his voicemail, depart a message:
Let Us Know How Your Name Went
3. Contact Shriners Worldwide and its board of administrators on social media and ask them to finish their merciless animal circuses:
Contact Shriners Worldwide on Fb
Contact Shriners Worldwide on Instagram
Ship a Message to Imperial Chief Rabban James E. Stolze Jr. on Fb
Touch upon Imperial Assistant Rabban Richard G. Burke’s Fb Web page
Touch upon Imperial Recorder Jim Caine’s Fb Web page
4. Click on beneath to let Shriners know that circuses are not any place for animals:
Contact Shrine Golf equipment That Host Animal Circuses
5. Contact these Shrine golf equipment on Fb and urge them to cease forcing elephants, tigers, and different animals to carry out:
6. Use these Shrine golf equipment’ on-line kinds to inform them to cease utilizing animals of their circuses:
Contact Sharon Shrine By means of Its On-line Type
Contact Hadi Shrine By means of Its On-line Type