Give Turkeys a Hand With This Animal-Pleasant Exercise
Once we consider Thanksgiving, we nearly instantly consider turkeys, proper? Sadly, most individuals are occupied with consuming them fairly than appreciating what fascinating animals they’re. Greater than 45 million turkeys are killed every year for Thanksgiving.
Turkeys are clever and delicate—they get pleasure from listening to music, can acknowledge human faces, and are caring moms—and we should always give them a motive to be grateful. This 12 months, let’s respect them for who they’re—NOT what they style like—by making a cute hand turkey!
So ask your dad or mum for assist, and let’s get began.
Right here’s what you’ll want:
- A pencil
- Brown development paper (or recycled plain brown paper grocery luggage)
- Multicolored development paper
- Glue sticks
- Stickers, glitter, pipe cleaners, or different decorations (non-compulsory)
Right here’s what to do:
- Hint your outstretched hand onto a chunk of brown development paper after which reduce it out.
- Reduce the multicolored development paper into teardrop shapes. Then glue them to the paper hand in between the fingers to make “feathers.”
- Use a marker to attract a turkey face onto the thumb of the hand. If you happen to’d like so as to add some decorations akin to stickers, glitter, or the rest, now’s the time!
- Select one of many following enjoyable details and write it on the again of the turkey:
- Within the wild, turkeys can fly at speeds of as much as 55 miles per hour and run at speeds of as much as 25 miles per hour.
- Child turkeys often stick with their mothers till they’re 5 months outdated, and mom turkeys will bravely defend their households towards hazard.
- Wild turkeys can stay to be as much as 10 years outdated and are born with full-color imaginative and prescient.
- Turkeys are naturally curious animals who’re all the time testing new sights and smells.
- Turkeys love greeting guests and making pals, and so they can keep in mind the faces of individuals they’ve met.
- You’re carried out! Show the lovable turkey in your own home—in your fridge, in your bed room, or in your entrance door. Don’t neglect to take an image of it to share with all your loved ones and pals, too!