Calling all anole researchers and lovers! Now we have a novel alternative this fall that I wish to recommend we capitalize on. The Caribbean PARC (Companions in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation) assembly and the Puerto Rican Herpetology Symposium are at the moment being deliberate, tentatively for October 14-15 in Arecibo, Puerto Rico. I just lately mentioned with one of many organizers, Alberto Puente, the potential for combining these two conferences with an Anole assembly. In spite of everything, it’s been 5 years since our 2018 assembly in Miami, so we’re due for an additional meetup!
I’m right here to gauge your curiosity, however first, let me promote you on the deserves. I do know October is just a few brief months away, however combining forces with these different two teams in stunning, anole-laden Puerto Rico has its advantages:
- Researchers from all around the Caribbean can be in attendance, with a powerful effort by the organizers to usher in herpetologists from Cuba and Dominican Republic.
- There may be tons of anole analysis in Puerto Rico by native researchers and tons of nice herpetology as nicely! It is going to be an amazing alternative to study native analysis and conservation efforts and construct connections with college students and professors on the in depth UPR system.
- By combining forces we will have a a lot greater and numerous assembly!
- Puerto Rico has anoles! and bat looking boas! and dwarf geckos! So many wonderful herps! There can be herp outings!
- We’re engaged on arranging transportation and inexpensive choices for housing.
Satisfied? Fill out this ballot and if there may be assist for this plan then I’ll tackle organizing it (in fact, anybody who desires to assist out, let me know!). The format of such a gathering continues to be up within the air – combine absolutely? have someday per group? parallel classes? … So depart your suggestions, recommendation, strategies, warnings about how a lot work this can be, enthusiasm for the thought, affords to assist, and so on. within the feedback under!